Shipping & Returns
We stand behind everything we sell. We are committed to your having the best solution for your cycling needs. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item within 30 days and we'll replace it or give you a refund. Please read "Returns" below for more information.
Before You Order
Bikes: We suggest that you visit Bike Tech and get a bike sizing before ordering a bike — which will guarantee your satisfaction with the bike's fit and feel.
Clothing, Shoes, and Components: Before you place an order, refer to the sizing chart available with many item descriptions — including various components, cycling clothing, and shoes — to determine the correct size.
Color choices and availability: In some cases, website images may not match the actual color choices of products shown. Please contact us if you are unsure about color choice or availability for a particular product.
In-Store Pick Up
Get FREE SHIPPING when you place an order for pickup at Bike Tech. Orders requesting in-store pickup will be notified within 24 hours by phone when the item is ready at the store. We are happy to accommodate quicker pickup times if you would kindly call us by phone to confirm the order prior to picking it up. Unless special arrangements are made in advance, orders requesting in-store pickup need to be picked up within 10 days or a 10% restocking fee will be charged.
Products being shipped may be put in boxes/packaging that is recycled, re-used, or re-sized. We do this to preserve natural resources as well as keep our cost of shipping & handling as low as possible. If you require a 'clean' box please request one at time of checkout.
We spend a lot of time ensuring that each bike we sell is the correct type, size, and fit for every customer, therefore, we take bike returns very seriously.
- No returns after 30 days.
- Bicycles purchased within 30 days may be exchanged or traded up for different or like bicycles. A restocking fee of up to 25% of the original value may incur based on the bicycle's condition and it's stocking status in our store.
- No returns on pre-owned, demo, sale, or closeout bicycles.
PARTS, ACCESSORIES, AND CLOTHING
- Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase.
- Returns must include original box and packaging materials.
- No returns on worn apparel. Must have all tags & labels.
- No returns on pre-owned, demo, sale, or closeout items.
- No returns on gift card/gift certificate purchases.
- Labor, delivery, and/or installation service.
- Consumable items like food, drink, batteries, CO2 cartridges, etc.
- Worn/used apparel such as shorts, jerseys, socks, shoes, swimwear, etc.
- Items that are damaged or abused.
- Items that are missing accessories, parts, etc.
- Custom, etched, or otherwise personalized items such as custom wheels, frames, paint jobs, etc.
- Opened computer software and GPS units can be exchanged for the identical item but cannot be returned for a refund.
- Donated items.
Returns: In-Store Purchases
For in-store purchases, Bike Tech will accept returns of any unused item with its original packaging within 30 days of purchase:
- All refunds on returns require a cash register receipt.*
- In-store credit will be issued on items being returned without a receipt.
- Refunds will be issued in the form in which the item(s) was purchased.
- Cash purchases up to $50 will be refunded in cash.
- Allow 10 business days for refunds by check or large cash purchases.
- Credit card purchases will normally be refunded to the same card.
- Other refunds will be paid by check and mailed from our office.
- In-store credit is available for all returns.
- Returns of special orders (for items that we normally do not stock) may be subject to a restocking fee of up to 50% plus actual freight costs incurred. In-store credit may be issued on non-stocking special orders.
- Bike Tech Gift Cards are good for store credit, but they are not redeemable for cash.
* If you do not have a receipt, we will gladly look up a copy in our system. Even if your name did not appear on the original receipt, we may be able to find it with added details such as date or time of purchase.
Returns: Web Purchases
If there’s a problem with something you purchased from us, you can either bring it to our store or ship it back. Ship returns via Ground UPS or insured US Mail (we do not accept CODs). We will refund shipping costs on damaged or incorrect merchandise. Merchandise returned that appears used will be subject to a restocking fee.
Returns over $100 must have a return authorization number clearly marked on the outside of the package or the item will be refused. A return authorization number can be obtained by phone or e-mail.
** Bike Tech reserves the right to deny any return.
For any questions regarding our return policy please email us or call us at (319) 266-5979.
Please note that manufacturer warranties are separate from the Bike Tech return policy. All replacements and warranty work is to be done at Bike Tech. We are unable to warranty products and services returned to other bike stores.
We make every effort to maintain current, accurate prices and information in our on-line catalog. We appreciate your understanding should any of the prices or other information provided be incorrect and regret any inconvenience such mistakes may create. Please bring any errors you may find to our attention on your next visit or by calling or sending us an e-mail.