The security and control that the Fatboy provides is unparalleled. Those fat tires dramatically boost your traction, grip, and flotation over the trail. We built the Fatboy with a durable list of components, like a SRAM 11-speed one-by drivetrain, that perform season after season.
A very fat flavor of adventure
It boils down to a single word: adventure. The Fatboy's massive tires (27.5x3.8) float over rocks, roots, sand, snow, ice. Let's put it this way, if it's part of mother earth, those big tires will roll right over it with a mix of comfort and traction that's unrivaled. Get out there.
- Premium, M5 alloy frame is light on the scales, yet holds up to any adventure.
- Lightweight carbon-fiber fork provides tons of compliance and absorbs chatter.
- The SRAM SX Eagle 1X drivetrain is simple, yet gives you plenty of gearing to tackle any climb.
- A FACT carbon fiber fork provides tons of compliance and absorbs chatter, while simultaneously keeping the overall weight of the bike down.
- The Fatboy now rolls on 27.5-inch wheels and 27.5x3.8 Maxxis tires.
- The SRAM SX Eagle one-by drivetrain keeps things simple, yet, with its massive 11x50 gear spread, gives you all the gearing to tackle the biggest climbs and all-day expeditions.
- The frame features an M5 alloy construction that provides the ideal blend of efficiency and durability, while the geometry creates a roomy top tube and short chainstays for easy climbing and confident descending.
Wider than standard yet narrower than fat, plus-size rims and tires hit the sweet spot in grip, stability, and speed, giving you more confidence on technical terrain. Compared to a standard tire you’ll feel grip in places you wouldn’t expect thanks to a bigger contact patch and greater rollover clearance. More air volume allows lower tire pressures which softens bumps and increases float on sand or snow. Whether you’re a novice or an expert, the benefits of plus-size tires and rims will amplify your mountain biking fun.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Specialized M5 Aluminum, fully butted w/ Smooth Welds, tapered head tube and seat tube, forged post-mount 160mm disc dropouts, internal routing, forged bottom bracket shell, 197x12mm rear thru-axle|
|Fork||Specialized FACT carbon, 46mm offset, tapered steerer, 150mm axle|
Front: 150 x 15mm
Rear: 197 x 12mm
|Rims/Wheels||Stout XC 80, 27.5", alloy, 76mm internal width, disc-specific|
Front: Stout Pro 150, sealed cartridge bearings, 6-bolt disc, 32h
Rear: Stout Pro 197, sealed cartridge bearings, 6-bolt disc, 32h
|Tires||Maxxis Minion FBF, 120 TPI, EXO, 27.5 x 3.8"|
|Crankset||SRAM X1 Alloy|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, BSA|
|Chain||SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed w/ PowerLock|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM SX Eagle|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 11-50t|
|Shifters||SRAM SX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|Handlebars||Stout Riser, double-butted alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 5-degree upsweep, 15mm rise, 750mm / 780mm width, 31.8mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Sip grip, half-waffle|
|Stem||Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise|
|Brakes||SRAM Level T, hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Specialized Bridge, size specific, 143/155|
|Seat Post||Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 8mm offset, micro-adjust, 30.9mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Satin Oak Green/Spruce/Hyper Green / Small||888818545506||99520-7102|
|Satin Oak Green/Spruce/Hyper Green / Medium||888818544097||99520-7103||17680|
|Satin Oak Green/Spruce/Hyper Green / Large||888818544523||99520-7104|
|Satin Oak Green/Spruce/Hyper Green / X-Large||888818544455||99520-7105|